Re: [RadiusNT] Still problems with RadiusNT, START/STOP records & reboot, electricity probs etc..

Technical Mailing Lists ( (no email) )
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 15:39:29 +0200

Malcolm,
Tell me what kind of UPS should I purchase that would remain online for
about 6 hours :) and how much they cost when they are five POP to mantain
alive.. perhaps isn't only electricity problem, should be a simple hardware
failure.. an unexpected reboot, an NT blue screen... etc.. timeleft field
after one of these events is compromised.

I think it's a design problem, I don't want to write other code for radiusnt
(I already wrote a service that monitor restarts and clean serverports
table). I think RadiusNT itself should include this pinging routine, and a
clean routine for serverports table when it restarts unespectedly (or a
specific NAS isn't reachable).

Just some product-improvement suggestions ;-)

Massimo Anicito
ETNACOM Srl

http://www.etna.it/
admin@etna.it