Re: [RadiusNT] Any Benchmark?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 01 Oct 1999 13:33:36 -0700

Jose Ignacio Cabaņas wrote:

> Hi everybody:
>
> I was wondering if there is any kind of benchmarking results comprising
> RadiusNT software, in order to evaluate or to compare its performance
> (with users plain text file & DB)...
> I have not found any information in the Web site, but maybe some of you
> have done performance tests and could bring us approximate results,
> which would be very valuable.

The performance of RadiusNT 2.5 against a DB is almost completely
related to the speed of the DB. RadiusNT comes with a tool (radlogin)
that you can use to benchmark/test the avg auth and accounting times
of your server.

What kind of performance are you looking for? The upcoming RadiusNT
3.0 is quite a bit more "intelligent" than 2.5, and does smart
caching to achieve higher performance.