Re: [RadiusNT] SNMP concurrency-checking inconsistencies

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 14:14:52 -0400

From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea-software.com>
> Double check that Max 5 has a community defined, and that all ports
> are defined for it.

Max 5 has the same community names as the other Maxes we have (HP TopTools
can read data from all of the Maxes) and the problem that we're having here
isn't specific to just Max 5--it's with all of them and it appears to only
be a problem when RadiusNT is running as a service--the SNMP concurrency
checking appears to work fine when Radius is run from the command prompt as
"radius -x18". I don't know why it'd work when running from the command
prompt, but not as a service (unless it's some kind of permissions issue?)

> Unfortunately, witout a high debug mode, we
> don't know what port they were on to see if that port exists and has
> the SNMPUser set correctly.

How can I get the high-debug mode running? The registry had "18" set in it,
but what I sent you was the only information (for that connection).

> Since it doesn't even show an SNMP
> check, either the Community or SNMPUser value is missing.

I checked the Servers table and the Servers.SNMPUser is the same for all of
the Maxes and matches the Maxes' community names. The ServerType = 5,
SNMPType is null (what is this?). There are 480 rows in the ServerPorts
table, corresponding to the 240 ports (5 x 48) (x 2 for digital/analog).
Both SNMP options are checked in the RadiusNT Admin. ServerPorts.SNMPUser =
".1.3.6.1.4.1.529.12.3.1.4." (for all ports).

Radius 2.5.175

Josh