Re: [RadiusNT] Attention: Dale

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 21:21:50 -0700

michael saunders wrote:

> Notifing Users
>
> Is their anyway at all, to notify users why they cannot get on.
>
> For example:
>
> If I want to turn off a user because they are out of time. is their anyway I
> can tell the user that they are out of time. As users quite often ring me up
> quite abusive because they have run out of time and when they ring up it
> just keeps asking them for user name and password. They try and send me the
> telco bill saying they feel I am responsible for these phone calls because I
> failed to tell them that they had run out of time.

If they enable the show terminal window option, they can see the
reason. However, the PPP protocol has not provisions for user
messages. RadiusNT does send the reason back in the RADIUS
message attribute, however its up to the NAS/PPP dialup to
send that message to the user (none do that I know of).