Re: [RadiusNT] preventing ISDN connections

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 08:41:25 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:

> I just noticed that ISDN users can dial into our Maxes successfully (can
> ping them, etc.) and I'm trying to prevent that unless they've got a
> different service associated with their account. Here's what I have set for
> NON-ISDN users (that apparently isn't preventing the cheaters from
> connecting and doing their thing on the net).
>
> AccountType Name Data
> --------------- --------------------------- --------------
> PPP Ascend-Idle-Limit 1200
> PPP Ascend-Maximum-Time 28800
> PPP Framed-Protocol PPP
> PPP NAS-Port-Type Async
> PPP User-Service Framed-User
>
> Any suggestions on preventing these connections??
>
> Emerald 2.5.278
> RadiusNT 2.5.175
> SQL 6.5 SP5a
> Ascend Max 40xx units (TAOS 7.0.22)

You need to make NAS-Port-Type a check attribute. To do this, edit
the default attributes list in Emerald Admin for PPP, drop the
current NAS-Port-Type reply attribute, and re-add it, but make sure
the CHECK option is selected (rather than reply).