RE: [RadiusNT] Problems with bakcups

Stephen Johnson ( (no email) )
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 10:44:40 -0500

I may be missing something here but, as far as backing up the sql database,
that has to be done using sql commands not a regular backup program while
the db is active. If just backing up the computer on which sql is running
causes the network or computer to bog down to the point of causing radius to
timeout then it seems there is a problem somewhere there. Maybe it is the
backup program is trying to backup the radiusnt db files which are busy/in
use by the sql server, so of course it can't.
>From my understanding of the situation, I would say you want to run sql
commands to backup the live db, exclude the live db files from the file
system backup, and backup the backup db files with the file system.
Does that make sense as to what you are doing/wanting to do?

Stephen