RE: [RadiusNT] Problems with bakcups

David Routh ( drouth@davlin.net )
Wed, 01 Sep 1999 09:58:36 -0500

At 09:38 AM 09/01/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Radusers is a program that is installed when you install radius.. it is a
>command line program.. so you need to setup a schedule with Windows NT to
>run that command prior to the backup....
>
>Not sure what version of Radius you are using.. but you should have a box to
>click on the Radius Admin program that says "text backup"

Any idea how this would affect users checking mail from MailSite? We have
MailSite using Emerald DB for authentication...

For that matter... if SQL crashed and RadiusNT started using the text
file... what happens to any program that relies on auth from the DB... My
uneducated guess is they fail also... Hummmm, maybe it's not a good idea to
have Mailsite use Emerald... or is there something Mailsite does if the DB
isn't accessible.

OK, sorry about all that thing out loud... I'll have to look into some of
that as we're in the process of converting to Mailsite/Emerald.

Thanks, David