Re: [RadiusNT] How to implement BackupDatabse Server for RadiusNT

Peter Deacon ( peterd@iea-software.com )
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 08:20:53 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Salman Karim wrote:

> I want to implement Backup database server. Ihave Radius Server on
> different PC and Database Server on different PC, so when ever my
> database server fails I want Radius Server diverts automatically to
> Secondary Database Server. Second thing is that I also want Secondary

Not automatically. RadiusNT v3 will support backup data-sources.

You could run two radius servers - one against each server for
authentication and configure your NAS to use the backup server
as a secondary.

Another idea is to write out your database to a standard radius
text file and have Radius use it while the sql server isn't avaliable.

> database server should have actuall data like in primary server.

Setup sql server replication.

ciao,
Peter