Re: [RadiusNT] Users getting stuck online

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 09 Aug 1999 09:41:13 -0700

Brian Kerr wrote:

> We are running Radius on one server and it seems to be doing just fine
> except for one thing. People with dialup accounts have 1 login for their
> username unless they request more. Sometimes when they disconnect for
> whatever reason the database doesn't think that they got offline and still
> has a limit of 1, when they try to get back on it denies them and at that
> point we have a script to reset all the users online back to 0. Is there
> any way to prevent this? Is it a bug or is there a fix that we need to
> apply? Thanks in advance

What kind of terminal server are you using? This is typically causes
by an accounting problem between your NAS and RadiusNT. You might
also want to look into SNMP concurrency checking, which can prevent the
false denials.