Re: [RadiusNT] radiusnt and access

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 19:36:13 -0700

Gary Austin wrote:

> I guess I am stupid here but I am getting real confused. I looked at you 97
> and your 972 database and found two extra columns in the radattributes table
> but no extra columns in the radvalues table. I have pretty much the same

The same two columns needs to be added to the RadValues table. This was
ommitted in the docs and MS Access upgrade readme.

> radattributes values as yours does. At least for those that it says unknown
> for. The two extra columns do not have any values for the vendor columns.

You need to set 0 for both the RadVendorID and RadVendorType for those
attributes that are NOT Verndor Specific (IE, the RFC attributes).
RadiusNT uses vendor 0 to denote the standard attributes.

> I looked in the documentation for how to put vendor specific info in but
> didn't see anything that helped. I don't know why these attributes would be

In the schema it says:

RadVendorID int If this attribute is a Vendor Specific Attribute
(RadAttributeID = 26) then this denotes the Vendor
ID.
Otherwise the value should be NULL or 0.

RadVendorType int If this attribute is a Vendor Specific Attribute
(RadAttributeID = 26) then this denotes the Vendor
Type. Otherwise the value should be NULL or 0.

For a VSA, you populate the RadVendorID/RadVendorType with the VSA
information.

> vendor specific since all NASs pass the username and password which is
> attributes 1 and 2. I guess I am just really lost here. Can you give me an
> example to go buy? Radvendors and radattributes.. If it would be easier to
> call someone to get this running I can do that also. It would probably take
> only a few minutes. I don't want to keep wasteing your time haveing to
> answer these. Thanks again and sorry I am a little slow here.

Check out the radiusnt.sql script in the /radiusnt/mssql directory on
the ftp site. It includes a whole bunch of VSA entries for the
RadAttributes and RadValues tables that you can use if you need VSA
Support.

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT
IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com