Re: [RadiusNT] Recommended memory/hardware for RadiusNT

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 10:10:09 -0700

Graeme Slogrove wrote:

> Since RadiusNT was the ONLY app running on the machine, that's the
> reason I singled Radius as being the possible culprit for the memory
> problem. Naturally, ODBC could also be the source of the problem.
>
> >It would depend on what else you are doing with the machine
> >and the numbers of users. 128mb of Physical memory should
> >be fine for most setups, assuming a dedicated machine for SQL
> >Server (with no local user logged in).
>
> We have two seperate machines for SQL and RadiusNT
>
> Our SQL Server is a P-II (450) with 384Mb RAM, RAID 5 Ultra/2 SCSI
> Our Radius NT is a P-II (400) with (now) 256Mb RAM, Ultra/2 SCSI
>
> All on a 100Mb switched network.
>
> And all the ODBC drivers are the most recent release from Microsoft.

I can't see the RadiusNT machine having a problem (most peoples
SQL Server isn't that powerful). Run task mananger and see whats
taking up so much memory. One thing most people don't know, is that
when you are on the process tab, you can select which columns will be
displayed. its VERY useful to add the virtual mem column, to see
whats using VM as well (you'll note SQL Server has a LOT more VM than
physical Mem).