Re: [RadiusNT] Recommended memory/hardware for RadiusNT

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 09:22:43 -0700

Graeme Slogrove wrote:

> What is the minimum amount of memory and the recommended amount for
> RadiusNT ?

RadiusNT itself uses about 3.5MB of base memory. That should not
flucuate much, except if you are loading in a users list in TEXT
or BOTH mode.

> And hardware suggestions ?

Not really. Just something faster than a P166 should work. Its not
that CPU intense. For ODBC mode, its more the system running the
database that RadiusNT.

> We had a P-II 400Mhz with 128MB RAM and quite often got a "System Low On
> Virtual Memory" error.

This isn't a RadiusNT error. I would check your swap file, as its
probably too small or corrupt.