Re: [RadiusNT] Recommended memory/hardware for RadiusNT

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 09:16:11 -0700

Michael Hobach wrote:

> We have been using RadiusNT for almost three years now and
> have had a very stable server with 128Mb of RAM. In May we
> upgraded the server to SQL from Access and felt it necessary to
> install 256Mb (on a single processor machine) only because of
> SQL.

It would depend on what else you are doing with the machine
and the numbers of users. 128mb of Physical memory should
be fine for most setups, assuming a dedicated machine for SQL
Server (with no local user logged in).

> Unless you have the virtual memory configured properly, throwing
> more physical memory at it will do nothing.

I can partly agree with this, but not totally. For SQL Server 6.5,
the most important thing is to configure the memory settings correctly.
Fortunately, SQL 7 has an auto setting where you don't have to
worry about all the memory settings.