Re: [RadiusNT] Time based user

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 17:44:51 -0400

To: radiusnt@iea-software.com <radiusnt@iea-software.com>
>OK, I'm getting closer. When I enable it with just this record in the
>table, nobody can logon. When I add the account type PPP, everyone
>including this AccountType can logon. I changed the time format and the
>Port column is blank. Do I need to enter each port with the same data for
>this AccountType?

I haven't been paying much attention to this thread, but from what you just
said, it sounds like there are no (or missing) radius defaults set for the
"Wilderness" AccountType that would tell your NAS what to do with the user
immediately after successful authentication. For a PPP-type connection,
these are the minimum requirements that we have set (excluding idle-limits,
etc.):

User-Service: Framed-User
Framed-Protocol: PPP

Most other defaults are handled by our MAXes.

Josh