Re: [RadiusNT] Triggers

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 17:24:20 -0500

Nezar Ahmed wrote:

> I downloaded the most recent RadiusAdmin to be able to choose Command
> Triggers, still I wasn't able to successfully run a command trigger. The
> record I used was :
> AccountID=1, Type=0, Filename=c:\winnt\system32\calc.exe, Parameters
> :'',
> Directory: c:\winnt\system32
> When logging with user whose accountID=1 the trigger didn't run anything
> as expected.

I was using the same thing with Notepad and it brought up notepad
each time I did an accounting start record. Are you receiving
the Accounting start record, or are you expecting it to happen
on the auth request?

> Another thing.. I noticed that there are so many records with a NULL
> username in the calls table. Is there anything I can do to avoid them ?

This is your terminal server sending requessts without a username.
RadiusNT adds a username with a string of "NULL" so that it can save
the record (username is a required field in the DB). You would need
to talk to your NAS vendor to find out why this happens and what you
can do about it.

> Last question, is there a way to use a separate accounting DSN with an
> access DB ? Is it just replicating accounting tables to another DB and
> use them ? If so, what are the tables needed for accounting ?

You can, but the concurrency control and callsonline will not be
updated correctly.