Re: [RadiusNT] Authentication fails for certain users

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 04 Jun 1999 10:30:03 -0500

Josh Hillman wrote:

> >> Which also reminds me, will the manual be updated soon with all the
> >> new features in Radius ? In 2.5.167 there is an option that says
> >> "Reject List" - what does this do ?
> >
> From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea-software.com>
> >I'm not sure. There are some new features in 2.5.16x and higher,
> >but most are minor and should be covered in the changes.txt. I do
> >have some update documentation on RadiusNT that I'll try to make
> >available.
>
> I seem to remember seeing a message here a couple of weeks ago stating that
> the reject list is a listing of CLID numbers that should be blocked for
> incoming calls. In other words, if you have a person who repeatedly is
> causing trouble and is dialing up from the same number (5551212), you can
> add that number to the list and it'll prevent further logins that are
> dialing up from that number. I have no idea if this works or not--we
> haven't used it at all.

Thats a subset of what it does. Basically, you can add entries to
the RadRejects table with any attribute/value pair. If a matching
attibute/value pair is found in the authentication requests, its
immedaitely NAKed (if the Reject list option is enabled).