[RadiusNT] Re: RadiusNT Digest

Edsonet ( administrator@yellowhead.com )
Fri, 04 Jun 1999 08:01:23 -0600

The Login command is supplied by the NetBlazer from the User file. You
simply tell the NetBlazer to use that command, and supplement it with some
information such as session timeout. This is all initiated by setting up
the default user with the necessary information.

The Vendor Specific Attribute does not work properly when the NetBlazer
supplies accounting information to the Radius server. It sends incorrectly
formatted data. But you can get it to send that info by editing the
dictionary and moving the Vendor Specific information to a different
attribute. For example, I copied (with a little editing) the line from the
VSA section and placed it in the accounting section as ATTRIBUTE 77 (simply
because the Radius server was already set up to store that information as
"Connect-Info"). I then commented out the same line in the VSA section and
rebooted the NetBlazer.

I set <radius vendor="$line $connect_speed">, and VOILA I am now logging
the connect speed and the actual line number. Now we don't have to worry
about how much longer the logging server will run. I only wish I could get
the pooled IP address to transfer.

J.A. Coutts
Systems Engineer
Edsonet/TravPro