[RadiusNT] Re: RadiusNT Digest

Edsonet ( administrator@yellowhead.com )
Sun, 23 May 1999 09:21:48 -0600

At 04:56 PM 05/22/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>Subject: [RadiusNT] TimeBanking
>From: "Danny Sinang" <danny@uplink.com.ph>
>Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 22:57:35 +0800
>
>Hello.
>
>Can someone tell me what version of RadiusNT they had any success with
>TimeBanking (with MS Access) ?
>
>- Danny Sinang

All versions support TimeBanking. As long as the NAS returns the time used,
the AcctSessionTime is subtracted from the TimeLeft field. When it becomes
negative, the user cannot login. It is supposed to adjust the Session
Timeout value sent to the NAS if the TimeLeft is less than then the normal
session time, but that feature doesn't work with ours because our NAS and
RadiusNT use different units of time.

When this feature is used, you will of course have to periodically update
the TimeLeft field.

J.A. Coutts