Using any Radius version, simply assign a specific (or even a private ) IP
address to the Email-only user.
Then in RRAS Admin,
1. double-click on IP routing
2. click on Summary
3. right-click on the interface
4. click on Configure Interface
5. click on Drop all except listed below
6. click on Add... button
7. check Source
8. enter the specific ip address you assigned the email-only user
9. enter 255.255.255.255 as subnet mask
10 . in Protocol, choose TCP
11. in Source Port, enter 0
12. in Destination Port, enter 25 (for SMTP)
13. click on Ok
Do the same, but this time, enter 110 for Destination Port (for POP3)
This will take effect immediately - no need to reboot NT.
- Danny Sinang
----- Original Message -----
From: Kevin Ingram <email@example.com>
To: Radius-NT List <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 1999 5:41 AM
Subject: [RadiusNT] Email only
> Does anyone know if it is possible to limit a dial in account to email
> no web browsing or other activity, using RRAS and Radius?
> Currently I am using an older version of RadiusNT by IEA, would consider
> buying a newer version or another Radius if it would solve it, the real
> question in my mind is whether RRAS can do this. Does anyone know, or know
> where to look?
> Any information appreciated.
> Kevin Ingram