RE: [RadiusNT] Unable to get RadiusNT running as a service...

Blake Eitniear ( Blake@firststepcomputing.com )
Tue, 18 May 1999 15:14:28 -0400

Thanks for the info. I tried the data directory and it didn't help. I'm
running in ODBC mode, but the data directory location is still a factor?
Anyway, something else to try?

---------------------------------------
Blake

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. [mailto:daler@iea-software.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 1999 1:38 PM
To: radiusnt@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [RadiusNT] Unable to get RadiusNT running as a service...

Blake Eitniear wrote:

> I know this topic has been done to death but....
>
> 1. RadiusNT runs in -x15 mode (usually, unless it "forgets" to use ODBC,
> which I can usually resolve by resaving the config again).
> 2. Installing as a service (Radius.exe -install or via the Admin, gone
both
> ways)
> 3. Attempting to start the service results in "Could not start the
RadiusNT
> service...Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly"
>
> Why does the Admin lose the configuration when you start it sometimes?

RadiusNT overwrites the Mode flag and sets it to zero when you
install it as a service (either from the Admin or on the command line).
This will be fixed in the next update.

> Where is it storing this information?

All information is stored in the Registry, and detailed in the
documentation.

> Is there a documented approach to solving the problems with getting this
> going as a service.

Make sure the data directory in the RadiusNT admin points to the
full path of where RadiusNT is installed to. That is usually
the reason why RadiusNT will not start as a service.