Re: [RadiusNT] URGENT - same IP address on multiple connections!?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 09 Apr 1999 10:57:31 -0700

Stephen Johnson wrote:

> I am running RadiusNT 2.5.124 with a PortMaster 3.
> What is the problem when multiple connections, different usernames get the
> same IP address? This has just started happening. It happened a couple of
> weeks ago that I saw and then it has been happening several times a day the
> past few days that I have seen. The connection time will show the same
> minute or only 1 minute difference and of course that could only be 1 second
> difference actually. What can be done to prevent this?
>
> Stephen

Who is assigning the same IP Address to two differnet users: the PM3
or RadiusNT? If you have two users with the same static IP and they
both login, who knows what the results will be (you shouldn't do that).
If the PM3 is assigning the same IP to two different users from the
PM3's IP pool, then thats an issue with the PM3 (I've never heard of
that, though).