Re: [RadiusNT] NT domain authentication problem

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 03 Mar 1999 20:51:55 -0800

> chensak wrote:
>
> I tested RadiusNT 2.5 on NT/Alpha, first I tested by using the user
> in users file that come with radius ,user "test", Password: "test", it
> 's o.K., RadiusNT can authenticate this user.
>
> 1. My question is : How can I set the username and password only one
> time in Dial-up networking ? Now I have to select "Bring up terminal
> windows after dialing" in the property of that dial-up networking,
> that is ,when I dialed successfully , the terminal screen showed and I
> have to put username and password again in terminal windows...If I
> didn't select "Bring up terminal after dialing", it didn't work and I
> didn't pass the authentication process.
>
> 2.. My purpose is to use NT Domain authen, because my customer has a
> lot of users on NT Domain,
>
> When I tried to config the RadiusNT to use NT Domain
> Authentication, by edit the 2 lines in users file,
>
> * In clients file, I put the Access Server 's IP Address and secret
> key
> * In users file, I modified the DEFAULT line to DEFAULT Password =
> "WINNT\DOMAIN" (I put my NT Domain "bdg") and User-Service =
> Framed-User
> * I did the same in question 1. , that is the terminal screen
> happen, after dialed, I put my NT usersname and password ,but
> unsuccessfully, "Authentication failed".

Most likely the problem is that you are using CHAP for the
authentication.
Bringing up a terminal window allows PAP. You can change your security
settings in DUN to "Allow any, including clear text" and it should work.

For more information about this list, including removal, pleasesee this URL: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html