RE: [RadiusNT] errors in Microsoft SQL radiusnt db

Stephen Johnson ( (no email) )
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 10:10:31 -0600

> Subject: Re: [RadiusNT] errors in Microsoft SQL radiusnt db
> From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
> Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 21:22:03 -0800
>
> Stephen Johnson wrote:
> >
> > > If there is a problem in the backup, the problem will still
> exist after
> > > the restore, regardless of the state of the DB before. I've had to
> > > SQL Transfrre out the data to another clean database, and then restore
> > > a dump of the clean one to resolve some problems.
> >
> > No, the backup should be good, the db checked good when the
> backup was done.
> > It's that the db is still bad after doing the restore.
> > Does the Transfer empty the source db? Would the destination db
> have to be a
> > correctly configured radiusnt db?
>
> If the backup doesn't have a problem, then the restore should be ok.
> However, I would probably drop and re-create the database before doing
> the restore, if the DB has problems.

I am no SQL expert, I just know some basics to get done what I need to do;
so, I don't know if this question makes much sense but - all I have to do is
re-create the db in MS SQL and restore it and all the table, links, etc will
be setup correctly? I don't have to do something else to
setup/install/configure the radiusnt db (the restore doesn't just reload the
data into the db tables but reinstalls all the tables, etc)?

thanks,
Stephen

For more information about this list, including removal, please
see this URL: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html