Re: [RadiusNT] errors in Microsoft SQL radiusnt db

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:55:24 -0800

Stephen Johnson wrote:

> I am using Microsoft SQL for my radiusnt db and started getting errors in
> it when doing a db consistency check. I tried restoring from a known good
> backup, the errors changed a little but it still hangs with the Error 605.
> (It is still
> authenticating and even adding new users.) Below is what is returned when
> doing the dbcc, if you're really curious but what I am really looking for
> help on is more a basic Microsoft SQL question. Can I just delete the
> corrupt db and does the restore from the the backup restore the table,
> links and everything or does the radiusnt configuration need to be
> recreated and the restore just puts the data back in?

If there is a problem in the backup, the problem will still exist after
the restore, regardless of the state of the DB before. I've had to
SQL Transfrre out the data to another clean database, and then restore
a dump of the clean one to resolve some problems.

For more information about this list, including removal, pleasesee this URL: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html