RE: [RadiusNT] RADIUS.MDB AND ASP-Script

Herman verschooten ( H.verschooten@WebVisie.net )
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 18:38:39 +0100

You have several possible solutions...

Did you set the security on the database-file or on the directory in
which it is located, because Access creates an .ldb-file when the
database is opened, and when he can't create it, you get errors such as
these. Secondly is anybody else using the database, maybe thru ODBC? =
If
so, are they or you trying to use the database exclusive, eg if you =
open
a database under Access it almost always opens it exclusive. I've
noticed incompatibilities between using a Access-database thru ODBC and
other ways together, usually one of the 2 locks the database and =
refuses
the other. Experiment with it, and you'll see.

Herman

-----Original Message-----
From: Pollinger [mailto:bpollinger@x-box.com]
Sent: dinsdag 23 februari 1999 4:29
To: radiusnt@iea-software.com
Subject: Fw: [RadiusNT] RADIUS.MDB AND ASP-Script

Uhh sorry,

I did not see - the error message is in german (so how could You help =
me
if
You don#T understand it ;-)
I'll translate following... see text.
TIA
-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Pollinger <bpollinger@x-box.com>
An: radiusnt@iea-software.com <radiusnt@iea-software.com>
Datum: Dienstag, 23. Februar 1999 04:29
Betreff: [RadiusNT] RADIUS.MDB AND ASP-Script

>Dears,
>
>I am trying do open a connection to the radius.mdb within an
ASP-script.
>radius.mdb is on my radius-server wich has a share.
>After having problems with it (read below) I made the share AND
restriction
>open to everyone full-access. Anyway the error is the same...
>Now if I am executing the script from a client on my webserver it =
gives
>following output:
>
>Microsoft JET Database Engine-Fehler '80004005'
>
>Das Microsoft Jet-Datenbankmodul kann die Datei
>'\\RADIUS\R-ACCT\radius972.mdb' nicht =F6ffnen. Sie ist bereits von =
einem
>anderen Benutzer exklusiv ge=F6ffnet, oder Sie ben=F6tigen eine
Berechtigung,
um
>die Daten lesen zu k=F6nnen.

TRANSLATION HERE:
MS-JET database module cannot open the file... It is used exclusively =
by
another user or You need permission to read the data