"[RadiusNT] Dr. Watson & Radius NT"

Chuck Scott ( chuck@ioli.net )
Fri, 05 Feb 1999 01:20:08 -0800

I just installed RadiusNT 2.5 on a clean machine. Created the database, ran
the script to populate the tables and installed the service. Now I get Dr.
Watson at 90%+ all the time. Any ideas?

Ben Conner wrote:

> >I also have Dr. Watson on the same machine (NT 4.0) as RadiusNT 2.2, and
> >occasionally the machine freezes. When I check the task manager, Dr. Watson
> >is using about 98% of the CPU. If I'm lucky, I can End the Dr. Watson
> >Process. Sometimes I can't and I have to reboot the server. I'm not sure
> >if this problem is related to Fernando's or not, because I'm not sure what's
> >going on!
>
> We have the same problem here with Dr. Watson and other processes at times. I
> have to kill Dr. Watson manually through the Task Manager. It becomes the
> biggest cpu hog in a heartbeat. It isn't specifically related to Radius or
any
> other task.
Open up Regedit and go the the following Key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug
Change the Auto to 0 and it will prevent Dr. Watson from coming up
on these. Also, you can make Dr Watson not do so much by changing
the values under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DrWatson
especially the values with dump in them.

Chuck Scott
Director - Technical Operations
chuck@integrityonline.com
I N T E G R I T Y O N L I N E
"America's Choice for Internet Integrity"
www.integrityonline.com
800.585.6603

For more information about this list, including removal, please
see this URL: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html