Re: [RadiusNT] idle-timeout

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:37:22 -0500

From: Ed Miller <emiller@del.net>
>Should it be yes or no to the stop non-multi-link connections?

If you have RadiusNT set to use Concurrency Control and Variable Login
Limits, and also have your users' accounts have a Login Limit of 1, then
those users will not be able to log in more than once per username
simultaneously. This in-turn prevents MP.

Now that I think of it, I think we have Shared Prof = yes to allow a couple
of us to use MP--we authenticate directly in the Max instead of using the
database/radius, so that in the event that there's some problem with the
db/radius, we can still dial-up.
Information on Shared Prof is in the Max Reference Guide, "MAX Alphabetical
Parameter Reference". I seem to remember MP not working until we set this
to "yes", but I don't remember if it was strictly with the few accts on the
Maxes or if it also affected

>I have Ethernet/answer/Session options/Idle="0" This does mean that i can
>set the disconnect from Emerald services, Right?

This setting is overridden by whatever value you have set in the radius
attribute, Ascend-Idle-Limit. Setting either of these settings to zero
makes it not time out.

Josh

For more information about this list, including removal, please
see this URL: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html