[RadiusNT] Fw: Platypus, Radius, SQL

Lorri Manning ( (no email) )
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 08:55:39 -0600

Message below is communication from Boardtown (see end of requesting that I
contact RadiusNT support again and ask the following:

On our primary Radius server we are having trouble getting RadiusNT to talk
to SQL Server 6.5 which is on another machine On this main Radius machine
we CAN connect via ODBC options in Control Panel and also through the
Platypus client - just NOT through the RadiusNT Administrator.

However, our backup Radius server can connect via ODBC options AND Radius
Administrator.
It is all via TCP/IP and have verified that all the way around. Have the
latest ODBC drivers, the latest Radius executable, etc. Set up & versions
below. Any help would be great.
---------
Radius 2.5
SQL Server 6.5
Platypus 2.6 (by Boardtown)
(All of above on NT servers with Service Pack 4)
ODBC Drivers Ver. 3.51.171300
SQL 32 bit ODBC Drivers Ver. 360.0319

----- Original Message -----
From: Platypus <Platypus@boardtown.com>
To: Lorri Manning <lorri@cowtown.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 1999 5:10 PM
Subject: RE: Platypus, Radius, SQL

:Hi Lori,
: I guess the next thing to do is to contact IEA about this particuar
:install of RadiusNT. Tell them that you have it working on 2 other machines
:but not on the primary radius server. Give them all the details about the
:errors and tell them that you can authenticate using the backup Raidius
:server which points to the ODBC database.
:
:Grant Spradling
: