Re: [RadiusNT] problem with RadiusNT & SQL database!

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 11:46:06 -0800

Shawn Ring wrote:

> Main server rebooted and Radius NT went into "recovery" mode....It has
> been in recovery for over 7 hours. We have a backup and ready to
> implement. SQL will not let us in to delete and restore. We get the
> message "database in recovery" cannot edit at this time....
>
> Your help would be greatly appreciated....cannot authenticate.

One thing that is useful is to have a radusers dump of your users
file for times like this. Otherwise, you can create a text users
file like:

DEFAULT Password = "ANY"
User-Service = Framed-User
Framed-Protocol = PPP

and run RadiusNT in text only modem to allow anyone to auth for the
time.

To drop the device, see the sp_dbremove system stored procedure in the
MS SQL Server Transact-SQL documentation. Its available in Books Online
(if you installed it) as well as from isql_w and Enterprise Manager pull
down menu Help...Transact-SQL Help.

For more information about this list, including removal, pleasesee this URL: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html