Re: [RadiusNT] GRIC / IPASS Roaming?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 23:07:25 -0800

Christian Schmit wrote:

> We currently run radiusnt 2.5 with SQL server 6.5 for
> 2 years now and are quite satisfied with it.
>
> We need to implement roaming services to our dial-up
> services in very near future. I looked around and found
> GRIC and IPASS the most interesting partners for doing
> this.
>
> Is anyone using GRIC or IPASS with radiusnt/SQL 6.5?
> Any recommendations?

I've used both w/out a problem.

> Is radiusnt compatible with the technologies offered
> from IPASS or GIRC?

You can setup support for them in one of two ways:

1) You install the RADIUS proxy server software supplied by the roaming
service (typically a Merit modified daemon) that you run between your
terminal servers and RadiusNT. The modified proxy server passes all
non-roaming requests to RadiusNT. This option doesn't require many
changes, but puts another software package in control of your
authentication.

2) If you have an Emerald/RadiusNT license, you can configure RadiusNT
to pass all unknown proxy requests to the roaming server (which can
run on the same machine or another one). The advantage of this is
that you have full control over what is going on, and are not
dependant on yet another software package in the chain of your users
getting on.

For more information about this list, including removal, pleasesee this URL: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html