Re: [Emerald] Sales Tax Report

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 05 Oct 1999 14:19:25 -0700

"Ronnie D. Franklin" wrote:

> The problem is that the sales tax is stored in invoices.... not payments..
> so you would have to link the payments to the invoices and etc....
>
> It just takes some that knows CR backwards and forwards....
>
> The simplest thing to do is for Emerald to have a tax field in the payments
> table, then the report could be generated no sweat.... I do not know if the
> payment posting is handled inside of Emerald or a stored proceedure, but if
> it is a stored proceedure it would be simple to add it....

Its NOT that simple. You make a payment against taxable and non-taxble
items, all in the same payment.

Ronnie, can I get access to your SQL Server to run some reports and
see what I can come up with? I'd like to use a real-world server,
rather than some fake stuff, so that we can compare what you think
it should be to what I can come up with (hopefully getting my results
to be what yours are).