RE: [Emerald] Sales Tax Report

David Routh ( drouth@davlin.net )
Tue, 05 Oct 1999 11:56:52 -0500

At 11:35 AM 10/5/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>The $25 rule is for each month.. no matter how the payment is made, monthly
>4 months, or yearly.... so if you access charge is less than $25.00 per
>month on the average then there is no tax.. just change the tax to none in
>admin...

What we did is create a "dialup single" and a "dialup multi" ... the dialup
single is a non-taxed item in admin and the multi is taxed... The dialup
single is used for the bulk of our dialup customers which meet the $25
exemption.

We also created a "$25 exemption" service that is actually a -$1.97 (our
tax rate is .07875). That service is added to any account that has the
"dialup multi" or other access that is over $25... like ISDN. This way ANY
account that has the "multi" or "ISDN" SHOULD have the "$25 exemption"...
makes it a little easier for our people to remember.

>As for the 20% off the other services.. I don't have anyone that is due for
>the next 15-20 days so I am still scratching my head...

We basically do a similar thing... We created a "20% Virtual" and "20% Web"
to handle the few virtual and business sites we house. The discount is
reflective of the cost of the service... Whatever the cost of the service
we do the math and deduct the tax charged on 20% of that service... again,
ANY Web hosting service SHOULD have the discount...

Hope that helps (and makes sense)... if someone can poke holes in it let me
know.

Thanks, David