Re: [Emerald] Credit card processing software

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 11:09:46 -0400

From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea-software.com>
> Another customer gave me the batch in spec for POS Partner. It needs
> testing, but it should be in the next update.

Thanks for the info. You had recommended PC Authorize a few weeks ago, so
I'm looking into that right now.

I ran an auto-batch in Emerald 2.5.278 (using a copy of the Emerald db on my
workstation) and ran into the following problem when clicking on Batch Out:

SQL Server Error: 515 Attempt to insert the value NULL into column
'ProcDate', table 'Emerald.dbo.External.Trans'; column does not allow nulls.
Insert Fails.
State=3, Severity=16

(getdate()) is set in SQL Ent. Manager as the default value for that
particular column, but it doesn't appear to be having an effect. At the
moment, that table is completely empty because it's never been used before.

Emerald 2.5.278 / SQL 6.5 SP5a

Josh