Re: [Emerald] database size

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 03 Oct 1999 09:10:35 -0700

Daniel Wood wrote:

> Both my Database and Transaction Log say they
> have 0 space avialable.
>
> I ran checkdb.sql and they still say that 0

Is this SQL 6.5? Did you try the "recalc" button in the Edit
Database window?

> I doubled the size of both the database and log
> and they still say 0

I've seen this before, and the only way to resolve was a
transfer.

> I transfered the database to a different server
> and they still say 0

Did you do a transfer or a backup/restore? The transfer
should clear the problem, as it only copies the data. The
backup/restore is a binary dump, and will carry the problem
with it.

> What can I do to fix this problem?

Also, make sure you have SP5a for SQL 6.5 as well.