RE: [Emerald] Managing FTP accounts

Barry Kiesz ( (no email) )
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 01:27:44 -0500

> Barry Kiesz wrote:
> >
> > Have you tried Serv-U http://cat-soft.com or http://www.deerfield.com .
> > They made a .DLL that hooks with Emerald.. That is available on the
> > IEA-Software FTP Server.
>
> Actually, we made the DLL to work with their API. :)

Dale,

That's what I meant. :)

And while we are on the subject, we are attempting to do a virtual FTP
situation between Emerald and Serv-U. We setup the 1st virtual domain
(Billing Group) in Emerald, setup the FTP information in the Admin Applet,
and got the it to work! When we tried to set setup the next virtual domain
(billing group) with a different UNC path (same machine and share, different
folder) than the first Virtual domain, it does not want to recognize the
directory. We tried Serv-U DLL and the EmerAuth (both versions) on the FTP
Site.

Is there anything hat comes to mind that I can check..?

I apologize about the vagueness of the message, it's been a while since we
tried it. We will set it up again on Monday. We plan on moving back to
Emerald after having to buy another product last year due to Emerald not
handling Taxes the way we needed to. BTW, ISP Power's Prism was a nightmare
when it came to "lame ass" server controls!! I hated every minute of it!

If we can get this thing working, I know we'll switch back. Due to our
growth, we'll buy another 3000MBR's and a support contract. (hint?) :)

Barry