Re: [Emerald] Year 2000 problem

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:24:46 -0700

Emerald wrote:

> I have discovered a slight problem with Y2k and the setup we are using here
> and figured I'd better mention this for everyone.
>
> If you are using the radusers.exe program to dump users to a text file so
> you have a backup incase SQL server goes down. Well radusers.exe doesn't
> seem to understand that 00 is next year and thinks any users who are paid up
> thru next year are expired so they don't get put in the users file.
>
> I'm not sure if it's something in radusers of if it's a stored procedure
> that does this but the end result is any users who's expire date is beyond
> 12/31/99 won't be able to login since they are missing from the users file.

I don't follow this at all. I know there is a problem with radusers
and NULL expiration dates (should be an update for this on the FTP
site soon), but there is not a date problem. I just tried with a user
expiring 12/1/00 (which, I will specifically point out is stored as
an integer in the DB and therefore, stored at 12/1/2000 in the DB) and
it correctly writes that out as:

test Password = "dyd2s", Expiration = "Dec 01 2000"
User-Service = 2
Framed-Protocol = 1

RadiusNT 2.5.194 reads that in fine and authenticates the user.

As a side note, PLEASE make sure you are using the latest
radusers, that uses the three RU* stored procs. It has many
updates that include correct date handling.