Re: [Emerald] TSGRAPH and Licence problem.

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 11:31:52 -0700

Glen Harvy wrote:

> My problem is fixed.
>
> First of all I don't know where you are supposed to get a copy of
> gswag32.dll. It doesn't come in the distribution pack of Emerald v2.2 or 2.5.

AFAIK, its not used by the controls that ship with Emerald (see
below).

> Nevertheless, I installed Emerald v2.2 on another machine and compared the
> grid32.ocx, graph32.ocx, gsw32.exe and gswdll32.dll file dates. Those in
> Emerald v2.2 were dated later (1997) than those on my production Emerald
> v2.5 server. Unfortunately I have no idea where these original (1995)
> versions came from. Copying the 1997 versions to the v2.5 server fixed the
> problem and TS Graph is working fine.

I'm guessing the older controls used that file and the new ones
do not.

> Presumably your installation program didn't detect the older versions and
> overwrite them. Could this be because your routines do not take account of
> the date/time format here in Australia (and elsewhere in the world)? I
> humbly suggest that you should update those routines if that is the case.

Could you please send me your *.log from your Emerald 2.5 install? I've
never seen this before, and am guessing that this is an isolated case.
As I mentioned earlier, the installer does NOT use the date, so that
is not the problem.