Re: [Emerald] Charging for excess download

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 09 Sep 1999 14:04:37 -0700

Marcus Young wrote:

> we have an account that has a download limit - any download in excess of
> the limit each month is charged for. Would somebody be able to help me
> with setting up a script that would run each day to calculate download
> charges on the accounts that were being billed that day. I really don't
> have an extensive knowledge of SQL so any help would be appreciated.

What FTP server are you using? We have a beta EmerAuth that tallies
uploads and downloads into a new table (with Serv-U). The next major
release of Emerald will bill on this, but we might be able to patch
something together for you, if you are using Serv-U.