Re: [Emerald] Has anyone seen either one of these radiusnt log

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 08 Sep 1999 16:07:55 -0700

Brad Teague wrote:

> we switched authentication for a new city today over to radiusNT and we were
> getting a lot of failed logins. I'm not sure what the first one of these
> means exactly.. i'm assuming maybe that the terminal server is asking for or
> sending attributes that the emerald server/radiusNT doesn't recognize... On
> the second one, this was causing the most failed logins and I'm not sure why
> it is doing this.. this would have been for username that WAS in the emerald
> server database and their password was correct, but for some reason it was
> giving us this message. This was happening on about every third user or so
> and was causing a rash of failed logins obviously, so we had to switch
> authentication back to our old servers..
>
> Does anyone know what these messages might mean and/or a cause and solution.
>
> If so, could you please respond to the list and to me... PLEASE! -
> teague@networksplus.com
>
> 1.
> radrecv: Request from host c7f0ba0c code=1, id=112, length=220
> Received unknown attribute 11, vendor 311
> Received unknown attribute 1, vendor 311
> Sending Reject of id 112 to c7f0ba0c (199.240.186.12)
> Authenticate: from 199.240.186.12 - No Password

Can you send me the -X -x15 debug of this? It looks like there is a
dictionarty
or packet problem.

> 2.
> Not Found in ODBC, Checking users fi
> Checking user record PW_PASSWORD typ
> authPapPwd
> chkPwd->strvalue is UNIX
> decrypted pwd is +'e0]ôj __?h
> Sending Reject of id 248 to cce92007

This is most likely because the secret between RadiusNT and the NAS are
not
set the same.