Re: [Emerald] Limiting logon times by day

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 02 Sep 1999 12:54:04 -0700

Andrew Stinson wrote:

> Since the VerifyMailUser stored procedure worked so well, I have to ask:
>
> which stored procedure handles PPP authentication? And is there a "faster"
> procedure for this process? We're wondering if that might fix the problem we
> had with a PPP account named joeuser only working sometimes because there
> was a POP account named joeuser at a different domain. Just wondering.

The proc was using a UNION that you had. Many of the installs I have
done I remove the UNION from the procs, as they are only for aliases,
which we don't support yet anyways.

RadiusNT authentication is a direct query, and doesn't use a proc.
There
is not a speed issue with it. The precense of multiple users with the
same name should not present an auth speed problem.