Re: [Emerald] problem with old invoices.

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 09:52:55 -0700

Ed Miller wrote:

> From time to time they just seem to pop up in strange and different
> ways.
>
> Yesterday we did a second batch-out on our CC's. There was a charge
> that
> came up at the top of the batch for a customer that was to expire 9/4/99.
> They have been with us for years (1996) and have a long history in Emerald
> going
> back to 1/97. (Aroung the time we started using Emerald)
> The date that was used was 8/22/99, we run the cards 10 days in advance
> to give us time to call bad cards etc. The exp., billed thru and paid thru
> dates were all
> 9/4/99. The card should not have been run in the first place but it was.
> We batched it out to ICVerify and it was approved along with the others.
> When we
> batched it back in to Emerald all went well. No errors on this credit card.
> BUT when we look at history it does not show up. The last entry in
> the history file is a voided invoice dated 8/5/99. (The reason that it was
> voided was a new employee ran the CC's and batched that out with the wrong
> date.
> This was one of the 300+ we voided that day.)
> When we type in the trans number, from the icverify list, we get an
> invoice
> dated 3/13/97????
> Emerald 2.5.236 was the version we ran this on. Is this a known
> problem?

We ran across this scenario last week with another customer. What
happened was this:

The Customer was supposed to be billed CC, and the CC invoice was
created for the customer. Between the CC invoice creation, and
before the actual batch out, the customers Pay Method was changed
to renewal. Emerald only batches out Invoices where the type is
Credit Card, and the Customer's PayMethod is Credit Card (hence,
the invoice doesn't get batched out). Many months later, the
customer switched back to Credit Card. On the next batch, the
old invoice that was never batched out is sent and processed.

A resolution to this is currently in development. To avoid this,
use the CC AutoBill option to have Emerald change the paymethod
after the CC batch is done.