Re: [Emerald] ICVerify and Credit Card exp date

Robert Hanson ( roberth@cet.com )
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:21:26 -0700 (PDT)

ummm, what other issues might there be that are keeping the iea-software
staff from issueing such a simple fix?

is it that simple? or?

- rh

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Ted Beckwith wrote:
> While it's true that Emerald can't enforce the format, it is Emerald
> (and not ICVerify) that can allow me to use expiration dates that follow
> an established format in our database.
>
> Surely you have recieved dozens of complaints with regards to this
> issue. (I personally wasted 30 minutes of your support staff's time on
> the phone today, not to mention the time it will take to reverse the
> expiration dates in our database). Why not just create a "fix", as I
> have suggested above, by adding a new CC Batch format that would that
> would flip MMYY to YYMM?
>
> I didn't hear from any other ISPs about what they have done to solve
> this problem. I can't believe everyone using ICVerify has to enter exp.
> dates in the Emerald database in a YYMM format.
>
> Ted

Robert H. Hanson Cutting Edge Communications, Inc.
422 West Riverside Reliably Serving Idaho & Washington For 5 Years
Suite #516 **HIGH SPEED DSL SERVICE IS AVAILABLE FROM CET!**
Spokane, Wa. 99201 Regional Commercial Internet Service Provider
(509) 444-INET email: roberth@cet.com - http://home.cet.com/