RE: [Emerald] I'm in Trouble

David V. Brenner ( (no email) )
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 23:51:51 -0700

Patti:

I would try specifying a new file name in the Tracing area of the ODBC
Control Panel toy. After a reboot - or, at the very least, a quick toggle
of the Start Tracing button - the new file should become locked and (I would
hope) the old one should be released.

Incidentally, unless this server is some kind of firewall/proxy or IP router
for your customers, this SQL blob shouldn't be impacting anyone's
experiences with the outside world. I would, however, expect problems with
services that run on the machine with the immense log. For instance, if you
have a mail daemon running there, chances are it will have some serious
problems if you run out of disk space. :-)

David V. Brenner - dvb@cport.com
International Services Network Corporation
http://www.cport.com