RE: [Emerald] FTP Serv-U 2.5A

David V. Brenner ( (no email) )
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 08:20:33 -0700

It won't work unless you use real drive letters and those drive letters are
the same on both the Serv-U machine and every machine running Emerald.
Then, of course, you also have login issues, as I do not think that mapped
drives are available prior to login. Some people don't mind leaving a
server logged in all the time, but it's not something I care to do.

Stick with 2.5 or lower or you'll lose UNC capability. Rob Beckers has
already stated that UNC "support" was actually a bug and that he has no
intention of building it back in any time soon. Apparently, it was a
difficult bug to introduce the first time around. :-)

So far, 2.5 is working well for me. I haven't had one call about FTP access
trouble since implementing emerauth.

David V. Brenner - dvb@cport.com
International Services Network Corporation
http://www.cport.com