Re: [Emerald] StartPrintJob in PrintCustom caused an Error: SQL Server

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 02 Aug 1999 10:00:01 -0700

Emerald wrote:

> We are trying to get the security functions working correctly.
>
> When I set a user as group Emerald everything prints fine.
>
> When I set the user as EmeraldSecure group then when we try to print an
> invoice we get the error message:
>
> StartPrintJob in PrintCustom caused an Error: SQL Server Error
>
> I checked the sqlserver logs and there are no errors being logged there, we
> have less than our user limit attached to the server so it's not more users
> than the license. Anyone got any ideas, guesses?

There is a problem with users in the EmeraldSecur group printing. They
do NOT have access to the base tables (like MasterAccounts, SubAccounts,
Invoices, etc) by default, which cause the reports to fail. The only
workarounds are to allow them select access to those tables they need to
run the reports against, or modify the invoices to use the views
(vMasterAccounts, vSubAccounts, etc) and make sure they have the
modified
reports locally.