Re: [Emerald] paying certain invoices pays old voided invoices

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 11:28:05 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:

> Yesterday, I created an invoice of Type='Invoice' for 6 months of service ($5.00/month), totalling -$30.00 (credit). Because you
> can't pay invoices if the amount is negative, I had to mark it paid as 30.00, then run the following to fix it:
> update payments set amount = 0-amount where paymentid = 17310
>
> Today we realized that there are now 3 invoices that have this payment associated with them and there's supposed to be only one.
> The invoice above, is fine, but the 2 others were old voided, never-paid invoices. Why were those two old ones associated with this
> paymentid??

If you bring an account to a zero balance or credit, Emerald will
pay all previous invoices that have not been paid (to bring the
account current). Its just paying the voided ones as well. Its
not a big deal and will not affect anything. I'll submit a bug
fix for it.