Re: [Emerald] A few Questions!!!!!

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 12:59:18 -0700

Joel Cancel wrote:

> I'm working with the setup of emerald because I have 2 posible buyers and I
> need to be sure that I know how to install it correctly.
>
> Those are my questions..
>
> 1. I need to know if I deactive a user in the emerald client the user is
> also deactivated in Post Office and FTP Serv-U?

Serv-U, yes. Post.Office, No (You would need a mail system like
Mailsite,
VOPMail, IMail, NTMail, etc, that actively talk to the DB).

> 2. I need to know if I have to enter in the emerald client the entire path
> in the directory field (The FTP path ex://computer_name/home$/username is
> better if a type only the username) every time?

YOu can default the home dir in the admin, and Emerald will fill the
whole thing in for you.

> 3. I need to know how to configure emerald to migrate users from a Unix
> System to emerald database?

You have to put them into the Emerald database, and set their
passwords to "UNIX". Then make sure you copy over the passwd/shadow
file and enable Password replace.