Re: [Emerald] Major Slowdown on client side of Emerald and Time on tab

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 11:13:37 -0700

Rudy Komsic wrote:

> When I do a time on check for a specific client over a period of 6 months,
> Emerald on the client side grinds to a halt (takes me about 1 hour to get
> results). This is because this client has accumulated over 400000 Calls
> records over this time period. Well I understand that is is a lot of
> records, but I must say that the sorting method that Emerald uses is a tad
> slow.
>
> Could you please look into improving the sorting for time online to see if
> you can increase the speed of this procedure? Maybe have the Server do the
> sorting?

The SQL Server DOES do the sorting. The client doesn't do anything
except receive the list and populate the grid.

There are two potential issues:

1) You need to create/update an index to better support the search.

2) You are doing a full search rather than a quick search.

How many call records do you have in your calls table? How much RAM do
you have on your SQL Server? Here is the query. Try running it in
isqlw, and see how long it takes to complete:

Select Start=DateAdd(Second, (0-AcctSessionTime-AcctDelayTime),
CallDate), (AcctSessionTime/60)+1,
(AcctInputOctets/1000)+1, (AcctOutputOctets/1000)+1, Location,
UserName,
AcctTerminateCause, Server, NASPort, ConnectInfo