Re: [Emerald] The column Taxable in table AccountTypes may not be null

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 09 Jul 1999 15:49:36 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:
> When trying to add a new AccountType via Emerald Admin 2.5.288, I got the
> following error message:
> SQL Server Error: 233
> The column Taxable in table AccountTypes may not be null.
> State=2, Severity=16
> In the Admin, Tax was set to None (the only option there)--we don't deal
> with taxes, that's probably why it was the only option.
> I had to add the AccountType manually via ISQL/w. Once it was added, I
> could pull up the info in Emerald Admin without any problems.

There shouldn't be a taxable field in the AccountTypes table in the
schema. However, I belive an early (beta) version of 2.5 had a Taxable
field in the AccountTypes table, that was later moved to the regions
You should be able to just set a default for that column (to like 0) and
resolve the problem. Emerald itself will never use the column.