Re: [Emerald] Hep Me

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 15:00:04 -0700

Greg wrote:

> > > Right on the money. Don't know how it got set but that did it.
> >
> > What version of the client where you running? This should be
> > fixed in the later versions of Emerald (like 2.5.261 and higher).
> >
> When I wiped it all out I installed 2.2.18 and didn't put the 2.2.38 executable on
> until after the fix, but the problem was there with the original .38.

Yes. That is a known problem with Emerald 2.2

> Now that I have your ear is there a list of things to look for after the upgrade to
> 2.5.???

Off the top of my head:

1) Make sure you have RADIUS defaults for your services.

2) Make sure your groups are configured to not have unique logins.

Those, and most of the other problems should be corrected in the
latest update scripts in the emerald25.exe distribution. Just make
sure you install that distribution into a NEW directory, as it
may not overwrite old scripts with the newer ones.